by Emmitt Barry, Worthy News Washington D.C. Bureau Chief
(Worthy News) – Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and U.S. special envoy Jared Kushner have reached an understanding that Hamas must be fully disarmed and the Gaza Strip demilitarized before reconstruction begins or Israeli forces withdraw, marking a significant narrowing of differences between Jerusalem and the Trump administration over the future of Gaza.
Netanyahu and Kushner met for nearly four hours in Jerusalem on Monday, with representatives of President Donald Trump’s U.S.-backed Board of Peace later joining the discussions. Israel’s Prime Minister’s Office described the talks as “deep and constructive.”
The two sides agreed to establish a working group focused specifically on the disarmament of Hamas and the broader demilitarization of Gaza. According to the Prime Minister’s Office, that process is to be completed before reconstruction begins. A second working group will address sanitation, clean water and other public-health concerns inside Gaza.
More significantly for Israel, the Board of Peace said Israeli forces would not redeploy out of Gaza until Hamas had been completely disarmed and the territory demilitarized—including the removal of both light and heavy weapons and the dismantling of Hamas’s extensive tunnel network.
Kushner told Fox News following the meeting that the United States would not support rebuilding Gaza while Hamas remains armed.
“We have a plan to rebuild Gaza, but we will not allow Gaza to be rebuilt until the demilitarization occurs,” Kushner said, according to The Epoch Times. Israeli withdrawal, he added, would be discussed only after Hamas was brought into full compliance and demilitarization had been completed.
Disarmament Could Begin Within 30 Days
Kushner expressed optimism that tangible progress could come quickly, saying weapons could begin to be removed within 30 days and Hamas tunnels could begin being filled in during the following 60 to 90 days.
Israeli media reports cited by All Israel News said a U.S. general would oversee the decommissioning process, while weapons surrendered by Hamas would be transferred to warehouses controlled by Gaza’s new technocratic administration.
The agreement follows days of intense diplomacy. Kushner met Hamas leader Khalil al-Hayya and other representatives in Egypt before traveling to Jerusalem, as Washington attempts to advance a 15-point roadmap connected to Trump’s broader plan for Gaza.
Hamas has previously sought to make its disarmament conditional upon Israeli withdrawal—a sequencing Israel has rejected. The new understanding between Netanyahu and Kushner effectively embraces Israel’s position that disarmament must come first.
The Board of Peace also affirmed Israel’s right to defend itself if Hamas resumes terrorism, violence or attempts to rearm, although differences reportedly remain over Israel’s policy of targeted strikes against terrorist commanders.
Copyright 1999-2026 Worthy News. This article was originally published on Worthy News and was reproduced with permission.
The following code is how the above article is generated with the Worthy Suite WordPress Plugin.
[worthy_plugins_news_story_body]
This is how you display a story with an image.
Netanyahu, Kushner Agree: Hamas Must Fully Disarm Before Gaza Reconstruction or Israeli Withdrawal

by Emmitt Barry, Worthy News Washington D.C. Bureau Chief
(Worthy News) – Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and U.S. special envoy Jared Kushner have reached an understanding that Hamas must be fully disarmed and the Gaza Strip demilitarized before reconstruction begins or Israeli forces withdraw, marking a significant narrowing of differences between Jerusalem and the Trump administration over the future of Gaza.
Netanyahu and Kushner met for nearly four hours in Jerusalem on Monday, with representatives of President Donald Trump’s U.S.-backed Board of Peace later joining the discussions. Israel’s Prime Minister’s Office described the talks as “deep and constructive.”
The two sides agreed to establish a working group focused specifically on the disarmament of Hamas and the broader demilitarization of Gaza. According to the Prime Minister’s Office, that process is to be completed before reconstruction begins. A second working group will address sanitation, clean water and other public-health concerns inside Gaza.
More significantly for Israel, the Board of Peace said Israeli forces would not redeploy out of Gaza until Hamas had been completely disarmed and the territory demilitarized—including the removal of both light and heavy weapons and the dismantling of Hamas’s extensive tunnel network.
Kushner told Fox News following the meeting that the United States would not support rebuilding Gaza while Hamas remains armed.
“We have a plan to rebuild Gaza, but we will not allow Gaza to be rebuilt until the demilitarization occurs,” Kushner said, according to The Epoch Times. Israeli withdrawal, he added, would be discussed only after Hamas was brought into full compliance and demilitarization had been completed.
Disarmament Could Begin Within 30 Days
Kushner expressed optimism that tangible progress could come quickly, saying weapons could begin to be removed within 30 days and Hamas tunnels could begin being filled in during the following 60 to 90 days.
Israeli media reports cited by All Israel News said a U.S. general would oversee the decommissioning process, while weapons surrendered by Hamas would be transferred to warehouses controlled by Gaza’s new technocratic administration.
The agreement follows days of intense diplomacy. Kushner met Hamas leader Khalil al-Hayya and other representatives in Egypt before traveling to Jerusalem, as Washington attempts to advance a 15-point roadmap connected to Trump’s broader plan for Gaza.
Hamas has previously sought to make its disarmament conditional upon Israeli withdrawal—a sequencing Israel has rejected. The new understanding between Netanyahu and Kushner effectively embraces Israel’s position that disarmament must come first.
The Board of Peace also affirmed Israel’s right to defend itself if Hamas resumes terrorism, violence or attempts to rearm, although differences reportedly remain over Israel’s policy of targeted strikes against terrorist commanders.
Copyright 1999-2026 Worthy News. This article was originally published on Worthy News and was reproduced with permission.
[worthy_plugins_news_story_title]
<div style="text-align:right; padding:0px 0px 10px 15px; float:right; width:300px;"><img src="[worthy_plugins_news_story_image name=sm_medium]" alt="" /></div>[worthy_plugins_news_story_body]